|Tube Preamplifier||Ayon Polaris III|
|Class of Operation||Pure Class A, Triode-Pentode|
|Tube Complement||C3M, 6H30|
|Maximum Output (at 1 kHz )||40V rms|
|S/N ratio||> 96 dB|
|Output Impedance||30 Ohm|
|Frequency Response / Line||0.5Hz – 400kHz|
|Harmonic Distortion (at 1V ) Line||< 0.01%|
|Harmonic Distortion (at 1V ) Phono||< 0.1%|
|Input||5 x Line RCA, 1 x Phono MC|
|Output||2x RCA, 1x XLR ,|
|AC~ ReGenerator||max. 300W|
|Dimensions Pre (WxDxH) cm||50x43x11 cm|
|Dimensions ReGenerator P.S. (WxDxH) cm||50x43x11 cm|
|Weight (Pre & Power Supply)||39 kg|
Specifications subject to change without notice
Features & Design
2 Chassis full-featured Class A – triode/pentode vacuum-tube stereo preamplifier
Unique new pure vacuum tube-circuit design with single gain stage and incorporates only one coupling capacitor at its output stage
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound and hence on the inspiration and joy of listening. This is not only the decision between good and bad tubes but finally the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers.
- Special tubes for stereo line-amplification ( tube life min. 10000 hrs )
- Long life tubes for stereo phono-amplification ( tube life min. 10000 hrs )
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
- Ultra short signal path
- Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
- Very low output impedance to drive any tube or solid state power amp
- No solid state devices in the signal path
- High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best areas their curves
- Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
- No followers or buffers in the signal path
- High quality parts throughout
- 0dB negative feedback (of any kind )
- All line inputs – impedance > 1MOhm
- Passive RIAA equalization with 0dB feedback
- Very low noise enables full use of cartridges down to 0.1mV
- Selector switch engages relays located near RCA jacks to switch all inputs
- Special alloy solder used for the best electrical connection
AC~ReGenerator – Power Supply
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages which makes this a pure power source. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
- Tube rectified power supply with built in AC ~ Regenerator
- Regenerated AC power and low distortion sine wave
- Superior noise reduction
- 2 separate low noise –insulated power transformers
- Power transformers are encased, excellent damped and RFI/EMI ultra-shielded
- Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
- Dual choke filtered power supply for power tubes
- Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
- Regulated DC filament supplies with soft-start power up for extended tube life
- AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
- High capacitance energy storage.
- Frequency meter (60Hz)
Dual Grounding System
The modification of the grounding topology leads to increased rejection of noise from the power supply and other areas. The dual grounding topology used in all of our amplifiers is quite unique to the whole hi-end tube amplification industry. Such extensive topology provides for quieter backdrop for which the music can unfold in its entirety. It further establishes the quick and controlled bass response and the full bodied expression of the high frequency. The ground leg of the signal has not been neglected and given meticulous attention in its implementation. The importance of proper grounding cannot be over emphasized.
- Ground switch
- Central one-point star earth grounding
- Dual grounding system (switchable)
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
- Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
- High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
- Special tube sockets with beryllium- copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon
- High quality – RCA input jack
- Neutrik/Swiss – XLR chassis connectors
- Special isolated – internal wiring
- Premium internal signal cable uses ultra pure, soft annealed copper and super low loss insulation
- Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
- MC phono step transformer
- Balanced output step transformer
- Elma/Swiss – Input selector switches
- VTC – “volume transformer control”, 2 channels / 42 position – electronic-relay system custom made by ayon
- This stepped volume control system has a channel balance within +/- 0.05dB.
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
- Improved heat ventilation chassis
- 3 Platinum knobs, custom-made
- The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
- All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved
- Ground switch
- AC phase polarity control indicator
- Volume & Mute function – RC
- Metal remote commander
- Chassis finish: black / chrome
* The Polaris is also available as a two chassis line preamplifier only.
AUDIOELITE España, distribuidor oficial exclusivo Ayon para la Comunidad de Madrid, Castilla Leon y Galicia. Somos distribuidor preferente para Asturias, Aragón, Castilla La Mancha, Cataluña, Cantabria Rioja, Pais Vasco y Comunidad Valenciana.
AUDIOELITE compra equipos de ocasión de sus clientes y vende tambien equipos ex-demo.